What is Organic Essential Oils? – Find the Right One for you
Essential oils are compounds extracted from plants by capturing the plant’s flavor, scent, and essence. Each plant has its unique aromatic compound, which gives each essential oil its characteristic essence. These oils make a great addition to your hair, skin, and healthcare collection. They can also be used for aromatherapy. Therefore, whenever you are looking for essential oils, it is highly recommended that you go for the “pure” essential oils since there are also other kinds of knock-off versions that do not come with the some of the benefits contained in pure essential oils.
Organic essential oils, on the other hand, are usually extracted from plants that are grown without the use of pesticides or other artificial additives. It is widely believed that organic oils are markedly superior in various ways. They are better in terms of benefits, scent, and quality. Organic oils also tend to be more expensive than the non-organic oils because when producing them, you will need a large quantity of plant matter to get a small amount of the essential oil. Like many other organic products, organic essential oils are worth the price in many cases. This is because most organic products tend to be more potent, purer, and healthier compared to the non-organic ones.
Substances that are considered as “Certified Organic” represent adherence to various set requirements during the sourcing, production, and processing phases. Some of these practices include:
- Avoiding the use of prohibited substances like herbicides, pesticides, non-organic fertilizers, among other prohibited substances.
- Conserving soil health through the application of manure and avoidance of sewage sludge.
- Minimizing contact between organic and non-organic plants.
- Controlling pests and diseases using prevention, avoidance monitoring, and suppression management approach.
- Avoiding contact and contamination with non-organic substances during the production period.
Should I Buy “Organic” Essential Oils Over Non-organic?
If you are on the lookout for quality essential oils that have been extracted from plants grown without using any chemicals, then you should consider buying an organic essential oils. This is because most companies that market essential oils with organic claims have to follow the set guidelines set by their respective local governing authorities.
When it comes to the quality of essential oils, it is normally not easy to differentiate between high-quality and low-quality essential oils as most companies claim that their oils are either pure or medical grade. Since these are products of an unregulated industry, the composition, and quality of the various essential oils can vary to a great length. However, to ensure that you end up with high-quality essential oil, there are some things you need to look at. These include the following;
- Reputation – The best way to ensure that you end up with a quality product is to ensure that you purchase it from a brand that is reputable in making the product. The same applies to essential oils since the best essential oils tend to be made by the most reputable and trusted companies.
- Purity – This is also one of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the quality of essential oils. You should opt for an essential oil that contains only aromatic plant compounds, without any synthetic oils or other additives. Most pure oils tend to list their various plant’s botanical names rather than regular terms.
- Quality – If you want a true essential oil, then you should also opt for one that has been changed the least during the extraction process. Therefore, you must ensure that you choose an essential oil that is chemical-free and also one that has been extracted through mechanical cold processing or distillation.
Benefits of natural essential oils
Most people who use essential oils do not understand some of the benefits these oils can have especially in terms of health. Keep reading to find out some of the benefits that come with the natural essential oils:
- Stress and anxiety relief – Most studies have shown that smelling some of the essential oils alongside traditional therapy does work when treating stress and anxiety. Also when used during massage, they can help to relieve stress, however, the effects only last during the massage session.
- Treating headaches and migraines – Some past studies have shown that dabbing a mixture of peppermint oil and ethanol on one’s forehead and temple tends to relieve headache pains. Further studies have also observed reduced headache pains after applying lavender and peppermint oil to the skin.
- Sleep and Insomnia – Smelling lavender has the capability of improving the sleep quality of women after childbirth and also that of patients with heart diseases.
- Reducing inflammation – Some studies have shown that essential oils have inflammatory effects; hence they can be used to help fight inflammatory conditions.
Why Organic Essential Oils are a Better Choice for Aromatherapy
Organic essential oils and base oils tend to have higher therapeutic values compared to the non-organic oils. This is because they contain very high levels of anti-oxidants, and they do not contain toxic residues derived from chemical fertilizers and pesticides. It also benefits the farmers as it tends to be kind to the soil and it also provides a positive outlook for future crops, water sources, and wildlife.
Best brand for essential oils
There are a lot of good essential oils’ brands out there; hence it can be challenging to find a brand that stands out from the rest. However, whenever considering buying essential oil, you should consider using some of these reputable brands in order to get the most out of your essential oil. Some of the most reputable brands include Revive Essential Oils, WoodLot Essential Oils, Now Foods, Aura Cacia Essential Oils, Mountain Rose Herbs, Young Living Essential Oils, Kambio Nature, among others.
Where can I Buy Essential Oils?
If you are on the lookout for some of the best essential oils in Australia, then look no further than Essential Ethical. We have a wide range of organic essential oils and accessories including diffusers and other essential oil electronics.